This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
Windows 98 and Earlier versions msconfig
This is the msconfig screen, to get there go to Start-Run-type in: msconfig then click OK.
This is a list of programs that startup when Windows boots. Some of these programs are do not need to run in the
background. They are running in the Taskbar as quick connect icons, if you do not regularly use them, you can stop
them from starting up using msconfig, the program may have an option to stop it from starting up. These programs use
RAM to run in the background and I want all my RAM for needed programs, I can go to the Program Menu to start these
Startup Programs if I need to, I do not need a quick connect Icon in my Taskbar.
- Go to the Startup Tab as shown
- Uncheck the programs you do not want running in the background.
- You must leave System Tray and Explorer, works for Win 98, Me and XP.
- If you uncheck one and you notice a change in one of your programs, recheck that one and Reboot.
- After you click Apply, you will have to Reboot.
- Go to link for List of Startup Items. Startup List
Copyright © 2007, Mikescomputerinfo.com, All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction of information on this site, is prohibited without written permission.
Microsoft is in no way affiliated with, nor offers endorsement of this site.