This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
- Use Ice Guard if you live in a Northern State, it is a special tar paper looking stuff that has a sticky side,
that is the side you put on the Roof right at the bottom edge of the roof, it keeps water out of the roof when
you get that ice build up and the water will actually run up under the shingles. It also seals the nails that are
put through it, when you run shingles over it.
- Don't go over three layers of roofing, in other words if you have two layers of shingles, only put one more
layer over them, actually the first layer of shingles begins to create problems.
- To remove old shingles from your roof use a long tined pitch fork.
- Use a big magnet to get the roofing nails out of the grass, if you do not get them your riding lawn mower
- Can't locate where that leak on the roof is, take a hose and have someone go in the attic, work your way up
the roof with the water from the hose slowly until the person in the attic see's the drips.
- Got one or two bad shingles, just take a flat bar and slide it under the shingle where the slot is, until you
hit the nail, pry it out, do that to the shingle you are replacing and the shingle above it, pull the bad one out
and slide in and nail the new one, don't forget to nail the one above it to.
- Leak in that flat roof, use the hose method to locate the leak, could be anywhere, then use some Plastic Roof
Cement to repair it, just take a flat piece of something and smooth the cement over the leaking area. The Fibered Roof
Cement is a little better then the regular but more $.
- Pictures of what a Shingled Roof consist of and detailed descriptions of materials GAF.com
Copyright © 2007, Mikescomputerinfo.com, All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction of information on this site, is prohibited without written permission.
Microsoft is in no way affiliated with, nor offers endorsement of this site.