Thread: IE7/IE8 and Outlook Express crash

Unhappy IE7/IE8 and Outlook Express crash

I recently dowloaded IE8 and got a not responding message from Outlook Express-I then rolled back to IE7 and now IE7 won't even start it just closes down as soon as I try to open it.The internet options icon in control panel is corrupted as well and it also won't start.
    I got a company around to look at it and after 5 trys its still the same-they reinstalled service pack 3/ran Malabytes/registry cleaner etc etc but still no luck.Am currently using Mozilla but some applications rely on Internet Explorer.
    Thanks for any help
    Cheers

2. Default

Hi Pedro

You could try reinstalling Windows, not a complete install just do the repair install, back up all you important data first, set the BIOS to start with the CD/DVD drive and when Windows setup starts choose to repair windows, check here and go to the XP Repair install section: Windows Repair this will only repair the Windows files it leaves all your data and programs, BUT, you have to update everything that needs it, it is like a new install of windows but your data is still there. Then go to Windows Update and do all the Updates, it takes awhile, just keep going back until you have it all updated. You may need to update your Mother Board drivers and such as well as your Graphic drivers, etc. This may or may not fix the problem, it should, but it has been awhile since I have had to do this.

Another thing instead of above is go to Add/Remove in the Control Panel and remove Internet Explorer if listed and then reinstall each version from here
    Fear does not exist in the world, only fearful thoughts and avoidance behaviors. Quote by Wayne W Dyer-Pulling your own strings.