Windows 7 Live Email Messages and Accounts Backup
To make backups of your Messages and Accounts in Windows Live Email program follow these steps.
- Create a New Folder on your Desktop, right click, choose New, then choose New Folder, when it pops up type in Windows Live Backups or whatever you want.
- Next open that folder and create two new folders and name one, Messages and the other Accounts.
- Next open Windows Live Mail, go to File, then choose Export, then choose Messages, a Window will open, choose Microsoft Windows Live Mail.
- Next click the Next button, click the Browse button and go to Desktop and click the Windows Live Backups folder, then double click and choose the Messages folder, then click the OK button, the folder needs to be empty for this to work, so the next time you back them up delete all the backups in the folders first.
- Next go to File, then choose Export Accounts.
- A Windows will open with your Accounts listed.
- Click on one of the Accounts and choose Export, go to the Windows Live Backups folder and this time open the Accounts folder, then click the Save button, you need to click each Account listed and then the Export button until all the Accounts are saved.
- That is it, now save the folder to a safe storage device, if you have to reinstall Windows you can now Import these back into Windows Live Mail.
Copyright © 2007, Mikescomputerinfo.com, All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction of information on this site, is prohibited without written permission.
Microsoft is in no way affiliated with, nor offers endorsement of this site.